Thursday, April 7, 2011

Finding Authenticity

f/4, 1/60, iso 400, 24-105@105

f/4, 1/160, iso 100, 24-105@45
Yesterday, I watched a online live show on chasejarvis.com.  He's kind of celebrity photographer.
Anyways, one of his guests was a creative director from REI and they talked about what they expect in
a photographer. The most repeated phrase was anchored in authenticity and finding a vision.
A hard one, this is as I am still figuring out which button on my camera to push when. That being said,
I see many camera people falling in love with the iphone camera due to its simplicity and finding vision there.
Some photographers such as Chuck Close or David Hill have very distinct styles. Others don't have such a trademark style, but nevertheless do have their own style. Norman says I don't have to worry too much about finding a style because that's something that develops naturally as I keep working. I am curious what this Amy Kim style will look like.

No comments: